Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kitchen Table Makeover

For months now I've been wanting to re-do my kitchen table. I've been thinking that it looks a little boring.. So this past week I decided that I'd finally give it a makeover. I love the idea of a two-toned look (dark wood and white). So with that being said, that was what I modeled my table after. :) Here's an idea of what I found online while I was searching for ideas..

I literally searched, searched, and searched some more on how to sand your table correctly, what stain to use, the brushes, the paint, all of that! It actually took me about a week to FINALLY finish the project, it's a lot harder than it looks!




I know what you're thinking.."umm, it doesn't look very good" but for this table not having TOO much character I think it turned out pretty decent for my first real 'refurbished' project. & the apartment floors really don't help the table out too much ;)




The chairs weren't the most fun part, only because painting in between all the spindles were a pain! Each chair took about three coats to paint. Reupholstering the seat cushions were super simple and I decided on the fun fabric because I thought it'd give it a little more character while still being very neutral. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the turnout.

8 comments:

  1. It looks so good sky! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh myyy!!!!! You're table looks amazing I love it! I love the center piece too:) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god you're turning into such a lil married home maker!! i LOVE it (and the fall decorations bellow -your mama is training you well!) but seriously such a good job glad to see your art skills are getting use, miss v would be proud! miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys!! You girls are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to give yourself more credit than you are my dear! The table looks absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks Brinn :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes simple is better. I really how the kitchen table turned out! These things really are way harder than they look! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you're so sweet thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete